Head of Department
Benedicta Nana Ansah
What we do
To realize its mission
“to plan, control and ensure the harmonious, sustainable and cost effective development of human settlements in accordance with sound environmental and planning principles”,
The department among other things is responsible for:
- Preparation of land use plans to direct and guide the growth and sustainable development of human settlements in the district.
- Assessment of zoning status of lands and proposal of re-zoning where necessary.
- Co-ordination of the diverse physical developments promoted by departments, agencies of government and private developers.
- Administration of land use, management procedures in settlements and channeling of day to day physical developments into efficient forms and sound environmental places of residence, work and recreation.
- Processing of development/building permit application documents for consideration by the Statutory Planning Committees.
- Creating awareness about the need to obtain planning and developments permits, as well as the right procedure to use.
We Strive For
- Rational and sustainable human settlements development.
- Increased collaboration between the department, the land sector agencies and the institutions responsible for providing utility services aimed at cost reduction in the development of human settlements.
- A decentralized and participatory approach to land use, planning and management involving chiefs, land owners, and the general public.
- High levels of efficiency and integrity in the processing of applications for building and development permits.